Circle K Giving Campaign Benefits Southwest Florida Schools
May 21, 2018 01:58PM
International convenience store, Circle K, kicked off its annual fundraising program, "Fueling Our Schools," in April, which has a local benefit to participating Fort Myers schools. The initiative invites communities in the U.S. and Canada to purchase fuel at specially marked pumps, where one cent of every gallon purchased goes directly to participating schools, up to $2,000 per school, per year.
Schools use their donations to address areas of need, such as technology, resources, teacher incentives and more. The event kicked off on April 19, with "Fuel Up Night," where 10 cents of every gallon was donated.
Circle K launched the initiative following its retailer’s transformation to its new, global Circle K brand in 2015.
To date, the campaign has raised nearly $900,000 for local schools. More than 350 Circle K stores across North America participated in the fundraising campaign in 2017.
Local participating locations include:
- Circle K: 1603 Cape Coral Pkwy West, Cape Coral, FL (Beneficiary school: Ida S Baker High School)
- Circle K: 4395 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL (Beneficiary school: Deep Creek Elementary School)
- Circle K, Naples, FL (Beneficiary school: Golden Gate High School)
- Circle K: 19373 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers, FL (Beneficiary school: San Carlos Elementary School)
- Circle K: 6220 Marlympia Way, Punta Gorda, FL (Beneficiary school: Charlotte High School)